Laboratory of Forest Ecosystem Studies
Brief Lab Introduction
Forest ecosystem is a part of a complex-ecosystem composed of forest, and other natural and human habitats, which is dynamic and flexible. Our objectives are genetic and ecological observation and analyses of this system, and to find basic rules. We explore dynamics of genetic diversity, population and community structure, aimed at sustainable management of the forest habitats. We try to create a practical forest management theory.
Further information is available from http://www.fes.es.a.u-tokyo.ac.jp/.
- Yuji Ide (Professor)
- Yoko Saito (Assistant Professor)
- Analysis and conservation of plant population genetic diversity
- Species network and interaction in the forest
- Population dynamics of forest organisms
- Conservation of endangered populations
- Planning forest conservation and recovery